Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 18:43:19 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        Just Baldrick <baldrick@rmsq.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VoxWare Sound Driver

> The free version of the server is owned by someone
> else now, but I forget who. The latest version does not support
> FreeBSD as of about two weeks ago. I just tried to find it again and
> couldn't.

Actually, are you *sure* about that?  From my understanding of things,
the Voxware driver as done by Hannu still belongs to him and the only
thing which changed was the name, since "Voxware" is actually a
trademark of another corporation which makes voice teleconferencing
software.

Of course, when they became the Open Sound Source, much more was done
to make the driver portable to other operating systems such as SCO
and HP/UX, so it's probably safe to say that OSS/Lite bears little
resemblance to the original Voxware at this stage.

					Jordan