Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 13:12:26 -0400
From:      "Danny J. Zerkel" <dzerkel@feephi.phofarm.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5 ALPHA

David,

As you seem to be the expert on this sort of thing, I will direct this
your way.  I tried to install 2.0.5 ALPHA over the weekend, but encountered
a lot of random errors including the failure of the kernel uncompressor...

After talking with the hardware tech support people, they suggested that
I turn off the RAM cache.  Which has fixed my problems.  I have a Micron
100MHz Pentium with 16MB RAM and 512K of cache.  What do I do to allow
me to re-enable the RAM cache?  Is there some way of changing the timing?
What information would help you help me?

Danny J. Zerkel
Photon Farmers
"Cultivating Your Digital Image"