Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:00:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF kernels: When?

Mike Smith once stated:

=> So, does anyone know enough about bootblocks to look at integrating
=> NetBSD's?
[...]
=> They have done a significant amount of work in this area it seems,
=> and they already have a two-stage design. Trying to squeeze every
=> last bit out of the current blocks seems futile..

=The only thing "wrong" with their code is that their second stage
=bootblock has a blocklist for the third stage.  That's Ugly.

Yet its there. Please, excuse me wondering into an area I have very
limited understanding of, but why can not FreeBSD be booted by NetBSD
bootblocks? Would not this be a sensible step to take?

	-mi