Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:54:17 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        Milos Puzovic <milosp@emi.yu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel building and more

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

>2) my sound card is PnP and kernel found her on PnP devices...how can I
>use her...how can I test her...

controller pnp0
device pcm0

>3) where I can find some books about Linux kernel...I did some project
>about detecting memory errors and want to test it on BSD kernel...

About Linux kernel?  No idea.

The BSD kernel is detailed in /usr/src/sys and the Design and
Implementation of 4.4 BSD.

I am also in the LONG prospect of writing this documentation for the
FreeBSD project.

>4) who is doing upgrade of kernel and if there is any chance if I can
>send some my suggestions...that is all folks for now...

hackers@freebsd.org is generally one of the lists which occupies itself
with kernel ideas.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /