Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:00:28 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bridge + ip_alias --> SLOW!!!

** Reply to note from "Chris Dionissopoulos[freemail]" <dionch@freemail.gr> Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:01:11 +0300

> Andrea,
> Try something like this as alternative configuration:

Thank you very much for the answer. Unfortunately I didn't want to mess remotely with this kind of configuration, so I
waited until I could get my hands physically on the machine today.
As I was explaining the matter to my customer, she happened to notice that the alias IP is no longer needed (was some
kind of subscription); just wish she had told me *before* :)

Alas, the machines fares good now with only xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and I don't like to experiment with a production machine,
if it works.

Still I don't know if the problem was FreeBSD or lied elsewhere, but I can't think of anything else, so it could be a
good candidate for investigations, if I (or anyone else) ever happen to have a similar configuration to play freely
with.

Thanks a lot really.

 bye
        av.