Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2013 01:11:08 +0000
From:      Uzumaki Naruto <narutopc@outlook.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: mountroot> while booting r255342 memstick

> Date: Wed=2C 11 Sep 2013 20:56:10 -0400
> From: gjb@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: mountroot> while booting r255342 memstick
>=20
> On Thu=2C Sep 12=2C 2013 at 12:44:31AM +0000=2C Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
> > > Is this USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port?
> > >=20
> > > Glen
> > >=20
> >=20
> > Hi Glen=2C
> > This laptop got 3 USB ports=2C
> > 1 - 3.0 (blue colored)=2C
> > 2 - 2.0 (black colored)
> >=20
> > tried on both=2C 2.0 and 3.0=2C same result.
> >=20
>=20
> Hmm.  Can you check if your BIOS has a "Legacy USB" option=2C and make
> sure it is enabled?  We are aware of some BIOSes that do not support
> GPT-boot (meaning=2C they require the MBR).  We are working on fixing
> this=2C so we will either have a single memstick image with both MBR and
> GPT boot ability=2C or maybe two separate memstick images (which will be
> far more confusing...).
>=20
> It is possible you have one of these BIOSes=2C unfortunately=2C but pleas=
> try my suggestion about enabling Legacy USB=2C if it is not already
> enabled.
>=20
> Glen
>=20

Sorry for corrupted this mailing list thread view=2C kinda new with this=2C

The laptop bios is Phoniex SecureCore Tiano=2C I don't see "Legacy USB" opt=
ion=2C
Bios Main page=2C

Quite Boot : [Disabled]
Network Boot : [Disabled]
F12 Boot Menu: [Enabled]
D2D Recovery: [Disabled]
Wake on Lan: [Disabled]
SATA Mode: [AHCI Mode] or [IDE Mode]

If the issue is GPT and MBR=2C I am quite sure this laptop BIOS doesn't sup=
port GPT disk type=2C because OEM Acer only gave GPT supported BIOS for mod=
el that pre-loaded with Windows 8.

 		 	   		  =