Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:49:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        mike grommet <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CERT Advisory CA-98-13

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, mike grommet wrote:

# Trying to patch a FreeBSD 3.0 - Release from 10/27
#
# but, the patch given in the CERT advisory looks very very strange...
#
# ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/CA-98-13/patch
#
# heck this stuff doesnt even look like valid C code at all
#  if ((m =3D m_pullup(m, sizeof (struct ip))) =3D=3D 0)

Until someone fixes it on the ftp site, you can fix it up
yourself with:

    sed -e 's/=3D/=/g' patch > patch.new

-steve

#
#
# I thought it might be a funky browswer problem, so I used lynx to grab the
# patch, and ended
# up with the same text...
#
#
# Could someone please post a valid patch?
#
# Mike Grommet
# Unix Systems Adminstrator
# Internet Solutions, Inc.