Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 1997 01:32:36 -0500
From:      Perry Lucas <perry@avatarweb.com>
To:        Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pkg Add problems?

At 06:09 PM 2/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> I am installing FreeBSD onto a 2.1 gig hard drive all its
>> own.  I am running into a PKG_Add error that is preventing
>> the addition of packages to the system.  I get a write
>> error, possible corruption of package message.

>Given the sizes of your filesystems above, I'd say you're probably
>filling /var/tmp.  The next time pkg_add pukes on you, try df and see
>which filesystem is at or above 108%.  Or try setting TMPDIR to
>/usr/tmp, which appears to be less likely to run out of room.

This is what I get for Debug:

proc: table is full
Debug:  Caught SIGPIPE while trying to install <insert package name> package.
Debug:  Switching back to VTYI

DF Produces:

mfs_root        89%  /
dev/wd0a        44%  /mnt
/mnt/dev/wd0s1f 23%  /mnt/user
/mnt/dev/wd0s1e 0%   /mnt/var
/dev/wcd0c      100% /cdrom

DU Produces:

A very long list that I am not going to copy :)

I don't know what it is, probably something very simple that I am failing
to see.  I tried increasing the VAR partition size, but the error still
came through.  Any further ideas?

--Perry Lucas