Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 22:04:29 -0500
From:      David DeSimone <fox@verio.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSEC Interop problem with Cisco using multiple SA's

Eugene M. Kim <ab@astralblue.net> wrote:

> I haven't tried this myself, but you may want to try using
> "unique:<policy-id>" instead of "require" as the policy level

After reading up on this behavior, I gave it a try, replacing all
"require" policies with "unique".  I found that there was no need to
set a policy identifier, as the system apparently chooses a random
identifier if none is specified, and so all SPD's create unique SAD's as
a result.

The result leads to exactly the behavior that I (and Cisco) expect to
see, and my mutiple tunnels are now fully operational.

Thank you for the help with this!

--
David DeSimone == Network Admin == fox@verio.net
  "It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no