Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 05:38:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Allan Saddi <asaddi@philosophysw.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems building world

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Werner Griessl wrote:

> I believe the problem comes on monday and I have also the same problem
> in current:
>
> [snip]
> sed: 1: "s!^#un-def!#undef!": bad flag in substitute command: 's'
> *** Error code 1
>
> in stable:
>
> [snip]
> sed: 1: "s,%whatis%,/usr/bin/wha ...": bad flag in substitute command: 's'
> *** Error code 1

After enduring another abortive buildworld, I was able to isolate the
problem to the new version of sed (which gets built into
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin). I just checked the CVS repository and there
seems to be a recent commit in both -stable and -current to sed's
compile.c by archie.

I'll try out the previous revision...

--
Allan Saddi                         "The Earth is the cradle of mankind,
asaddi@philosophysw.com              but we cannot live in the cradle