Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:10:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
To:        "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I4B support for US ISDN?

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, H. Eckert wrote:

> > All I know is that I connect the ISDN card into the wall via a
> > standard category 5 cable with RJ45 connectors.  The connection is at
> > my house and is targetted for residential use.
>
> Sounds pretty muche like S0 to me (8pin RJ45 with 4wire cable)
> but then I've never seen a US style U-interface so far.  What I
> know of the U-side of things is a 2wire cable that sticks into
> NTBA.

Actually, the US ISDN devices I've seen use the same RJ45 connector for
the U interface that European ISDN device use for the S0 interface.

All of this of course just adds to the confusion, as the connector doesn't
tell you whether or not the NT1 is integrated or not. The US equipment
I've seen does label the connector "U", so looking at that might help. I
seem to recall that US ISDN devices call the S0 interface "S/T", but don't
take my word for it. I'm a European.

Cheers,

					-- Bert

Bert Driehuis, MIS -- bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com -- +31-20-3116119
The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all
who have seen it, as one of the finest spectacles in nature.
                -- Benjamin Franklin.