Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 18:46:55 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au>
To:        dstenn@fanfic.org (Dennis Tenn)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world - A new error

Dennis Tenn wrote:

> Well..  Here's the latest in the saga..  This isn't really a 'make world'
> error but a 'make most'  The previous error seem to happen when I try to
> compile the libs so I decided to exclude them.
                                   ^^^^^^^
If you exclude them, then they are not there to link against!

> ===> ac
> cc -O   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ac/ac.c
> make: don't know how to make /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libc.so.3.0.

This is the temporary build tree which is supposed to contain things
you have build before, not things which have previously been installed.

This is not part of any saga. Please start a 'make world' and report
the first breakage if nobody else has reported it.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137