Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:19:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Patrick Walentiny <pezzy@vntech.com>
To:        Amy Wennings <amybsd@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Launching xdm at startup

Hi there,
	Just a few pointers I picked up while running xdm.  Instead of
putting a script in /usr/local/etc/rd.d, try this.
Open /etc/ttys, edit the file from
ttyv3   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure
ttyv3   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on secure

Then restart the machine.  Also for the path's, try creating and chmoding
(755) a .xsession file in $HOME for root and your personal account.
In there you can add a line like...
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin;	export PATH

or whatever you need to fix the problem.  The xconsole is kinda strange I
have not looked in to why it pops up, I just accepted it cause I liked it
being there anyways?

	Good Luck, Patrick.