Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:13:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Bart van Leeuwen <bart@ixori.demon.nl>
To:        Barry Scott <barry@scottb.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Freebsd-Isdn <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: urgh??

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Barry Scott wrote:

> 	I checked with the folks at work today about circuit bandwidth.
> 	(I'm working at Nortel Networks for Public Carrier networks at
> 	the moment)
>
> 	The only place that they know of where a circuit is not full bandwidth
> 	is on satellite links where compression is used.
>
> 	They also think its odd that calls are being dropped. The switching cost
> 	is at call set-up time and call disconnect time - not during a call.
> 	The only event that might lost you a call is if a part of the equipment
> 	failed. Not all calls survive the fail over in a fault tolerant box.
>
> 		Barry

Hmm. that actually happens at times on the interconnection between kpn and
other ld carriers in the Netherlands it seems. (have this kind of
disconnects every now and then when using a connection that has to be
switched to enertel, after which there is usually a problem reported with
the switching between the 2 networks. )

Bart.