Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:02:56 +0100
From:      "Andrew Tulloch" <andrewt@great4.co.uk>
To:        "Terry Lambert" <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ATA errors on recent -current

I have a dell poweredge 500sc currently running 4.5-STABLE with the
following:

atapci0: <ServerWorks CSB5 ATA100 controller> port
0x8c0-0x8c3,0x8b0-0x8bf,0x374-0x377,0x170-0x177,0x3f4-0x3f7,0x1f0-0x1f7 at
device 15.1 on pci0

ad0: 19073MB <IC35L020AVER07-0> [38752/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100

and it eventually stops at a mount root prompt after several timeout/resets
attempting to mount the root FS with tags enabled. Although after Soren's
intial MFC it did panic it stopped soemtime later, I don't know exactly when
as I haven't had tiem to fiddle with tags again. I'm afraid I've just joined
up to current list and seem to have missed these hacks, if you can point the
ones relevant to -STABLE in my direction I'll give each a whirl and report
back.

Cheers
Andrew