Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:54:40 -0400
From:      tommyk <tommyk@cove.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anyone succeed on making world from 3.5S to 4.1S ?

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "H . S . YOON" <tsoi@xocah.dhs.org> writes:
>
> > Buildworld was successful with no error. But 'make installkernel' fail and
> > 'make install in /usr/src/sys/modules' fail, too.
> >
> > Whe installkernel,
> >
> > "
> > xocah# make installkernel KERNEL=XOCAH
> > cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XOCAH;  MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj  COMPILER_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/libexec:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/bin  LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib  OBJFORMAT_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/libexec  PERL5LIB=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 MACHINE=i386 KERNEL=XOCAH  make install
> > cd: can't cd to /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XOCAH
> > *** Error code 2
>
> This looks remarkably like you forgot the "make buildkernel" step.
> You mentioned that step in your cookbook at the front of your message,
> but it's not described here; and since that's the part which should
> create the missing directory, I think that's the part you forgot.

yeah, but the other one:

# make install
===> accf_data
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 555    accf_data.ko /modules
install: accf_data.ko: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

which I also get in the modules "make install".  Because I followed the
instructions step by step, I never get past this.  This is like my seventh
try with my third cvsup...

any thoughts on what that might be?  it isn't forgetting "make buildkernel",
or anything in updating, I've traced the steps over and over..

Is this error looking familiar to anyone?  Can anybody point out what this
error might mean ( aside from missing files... there are clearly missing files,
but following updating isn't building them either... )?