Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 23:18:40 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l?= Sommerhein <pms@jancomulti.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup: a newbie's tale.

Pål Sommerhein wrote:

> Please note that the topics 'cvsup' and 'make world' is under
> 'Part 4: Advanced topics' in the handbook.
>          ^^^^^^^^

So noted. But surely that should not keep us from trying to improve on
the relevant descriptions? I write these things down as I see them for
this is the first time I do them. That gives one a fresh perspective one
does not have the second time around.

No matter how advanced the topic is marked there will always be a
first time for everybody.

I'm did not write the message because I had insurmountable problems. Just
the opposite. I made world just fine. I wrote it only to provide some
feedback from the once only viewpoint of a FreeBSD 'virgin'.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.