Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 11:04:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Window Maker 0.20.2 on -STABLE

>x11-wm/windowmaker
>
>Still pulls a bus error for me at wmaker initialization (on RELENG_2_2)
>Does anyone else see this?

Oh yea, this isn't hard to do. :-/

It seems (though I haven't yet proven this or characterized the problem)
that we have an ldconfig problem with this port of some sort.  What has
*always* worked for me is this:

 * pkg_delete any old windowmaker, libPropList, includes or whatever.
   Make sure your system is wmaker-clean.

 * reboot.

 * build the new package.  This has *always* worked for me.  Nothing else
   has been very consistent.  This is something that cropped up during the
   ELF-ification of the ports tree, but I can't say with any certainty
   this is related to that change.

Wish I knew more.

Brian