Date:      Sat, 01 Dec 2001 16:16:11 +0100
From:      "ssl" <ssl@uns.ns.ac.yu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   manual dial and ppp question

Hello,

I have question about configuring FreeBSD for dial-out.

< FreeBSD 4.4 release, modem CL 33.6 ISA, ISP provides dynamic IP, PAP=
 auth. ,primary and
  secondary DNS >

The part of the modem that is dialing out is damaged. I have to dial my ISP=
 manually.
When hear "negotiate signal" what to do ? How to work this out ?

Is it all I have to do to edit /etc/ppp/ppp.conf and enter username and=
 password ?

Thank you,

ssl@uns.ns.ac.yu