Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel, modules

It's great now that we build all the KLD's at the same time
that we build the kernel. The proliferation of KLD's is also
good news.

But essentially now we're building everything twice.. which
brings up a couple of questions..

1. Should we be only building everything once, and then
   construct "kernel" by linking together what are essentially
   "pre-loaded" KLD's?

2. What is the status of the concept of a single "kernel"
   that demand-loads KLD's during device probe, etc.?
   How far is it between here and there?

Nothing new here, just curious what other people's current
thoughts and/or expectations are.

-Archie