Date:      29 Apr 2002 22:18:15 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        SNFettig <listsDROPTHIS@DAMNSPAMstevenfettig.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clock adjustment?

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 21:55, SNFettig wrote:
> The way that I have set this up is by following the cheat-sheet from Dan
> O'Connor (http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/ntp.html)*.  Over time I
> have made tweaks from other howto areas on the net, but this is pretty much
> it:

Oops.. I forgot to mention..

I can't really use ntp as the system isn't dialed up very frequently (ie
about an hour a day maximum) and I currently use ntpdate to adjust the
date at each dialup.

The cumulative difference is around 120 seconds. I was recently informed
that you can adjust the machdep.i8254_freq sysctl which should do what I
want..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5