Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:05:00 +0200
From:      Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
Subject:   A minimal IEEE 802.1x aka EAPOL implementation available

  Hi,

My IEEE 802.1x EAPOL implementation is now minimally
functional and tested.  It doesn't include any EAP modules,
but the EAPOL state machines seem to work fine.

I'd appreciate if someone with more experience with netgraph
would read the code and send comments how it should
be improved so that it could be included into -CURRENT
at some later date.  I'm especially worried about memory
leaks, I've tried to check the paths to make sure that
mbufs are always freed correctly, but most probably
I have missed a case or two.

The code is available at

http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/eapol/

Right now I have only tested it under 4.4-STABLE,
but it shouldn't be too hard to modify it for -CURRENT.
My problem is that I haven't got any test machines
running -CURRENT available.

Yours,

--Pekka Nikander