Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bruce baldy <bruce_baldy@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing ports/permission denied

as root I continually receive permission denied when attempting to veiw ports collection.When I try to install again it says cannot find.I try using commands in the handbook very few of which
are found by system.My version is 5.3 with total port collection(supposedly installed,the install
sreen showed many packages of files loading into machine ) I been into sysinstall on several
occasions,this not for quitters,I can tell.I open one xterm as usr and root or rather a few on
one virtual screen(only one virtual screen-dont need more,now).I have handbook on cd
running on other machine,how do I do connect to net to updte files?Am going to try to customize the kernel mod for vid driver etc,see if that remedies some things.

Yahoo! Sports