Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 1996 14:35:24 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hmmmm... STABLE tree has interesting panic for EISA 2742s...

I think that david is helping you with this, but just in case...

>The following is in that box:
>
>EISA 2742 Twinchannel disk
>SMC Elite Ultra
>SMC PCI Ethernet
>VGA Video (PCI board)
>
>That's it.
>
>There isn't much that COULD be stomping on it.  The kernel config is the
>same one I've built and used before.

Depends on the drivers enabled in the kernel, not your actual hardware.
Sorry if I made it sound otherwise, but most production systems
have a confi file that matches there hardware setup exactly.

>Are you suggesting that I start turning off devices in the configuration
>file?  How does one disable probes?

Yes.  Boot with the '-c' argument and disable all the probes for
devices you don't have.  If that works, enable them one by one
again until it breaks.  Then tell me which driver it is so I can
go fix it. :)

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations