Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:20:24 +0800
From:      "Foo Ji-Haw" <jhfoo@nexlabs.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Need help: fwd on ipfw

Hi all, I really need your help on this if you can...

I am trying to put set up port forwarding on my machine. So far the =
usual 'add allow' and 'add deny' rules work perfectly. The most =
important rule which bugs me is the 'add fwd' rule, which the snippet =
below shows:
ipfw add fwd 192.168.0.4,80 tcp from 10.10.10.0 to any 80

When I try to enter this on the command line, I get the following error:
 ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid Argument=20

I tried researching the web. Some mention the error only upon =
recompiling kernels. But I am using the standard 5.4 product release =
as-is. My firewall rules in rc.conf are as follows:
firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_logging=3D"YES"

I also have this line in dmesg:
 ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, =
default to deny, logging disabled

I see that 'rule-based forwarding' is disabled. Is this what caused the =
error? How can I enable it? I can't find the details on the Handbook.

Please advise. Thanks.