Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:51:34 +0100
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji@MailAndNews.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound delay (AD1816 board)

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 10:29:57AM +0900, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
> I could set up AD1816 SoundBlasr Pro compatible card using Luigi's (or tanis')
> driver a few days ago, however I found a problem.
>   When playing games like koules, maelstrom, xgalaga (which handle sounds),
> sound doesn't synchronize display, always some seconds behind.  What's wrong
> with my settings ?  I write related lines in my config file and dmesg.
>  Thanks in advance.

This is not a AD1816 specific problem, since I experienced it with
a Genuine Soundblaster32 PnP too. A rather dumb method to avoid this
is to do a SNDCTL_DSP_SYNC ioctl after every write call. Probably
Luigi knows of better ways of solving it.

--
German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de