Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:48:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
Cc:        Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, mike.wentz@3ware.com, val@picturetrail.com
Subject:   RE: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-followup

On 21-Aug-01 Michael VanLoon wrote:
> [...]

 I see.. So what you are saying is then that all those people who make and sell
systems with that many HD's more or less are all asking for trouble?
 That all the scsi systems I have built or seen running similiarly and without
errors anywere near this are just lucky?

 So you postulate that if I replace my 400 watt power supply with a 400 Watt
"better" power supply, I will no longer have problems with the 3ware card under
heavy loads?
 I know my boss is not sinking another dime into IDE stuff until proven
safe.  So.. Anyone have a power supply they belive will handle the load they
 can loan me for testing? I'm game?

 What would you say if I told you that the power supply in the case was an
Enermax power supply?

   Nicole

   *    Nicole Harrington | AKA Hodge Podge          *
  nicole@unixgirl.com           http://www.unixgirl.com/
  webmistress@dangermouse.org   http://www.dangermouse.org/
  nicole@deviantimages.com      http://www.deviantimages.com/