Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:29:05 -0500
From:      GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chgrp broken on alpha systems

> Actually, the growing realization (at least to me) that the problem
> probably cannot be solved except via software tools, unless the FreeBSD
> community gets more like the NetBSD community in terms of awareness-
> which can only happen if it happens.
>
> I don't know how you feel about it, but I believe that this *is*
> productive. We can then spend a lot less time with unmet expectations,
> once the expecations are more realistically set, yes?

Absolutely, I agree entirely that Something Is Wrong and that the FreeBSD
development community would benefit from some modifications to policy
and more importantly to attitude

The general realization is most productive, but you have to go around all
the bickering.

Nothing really.

We now return to regularly scheduled programming.

gh