Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 16:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steven G Kargl  <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, terry@cs.weber.edu, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: new install(1) utility

First, Rod, Nate, Terry,

You guys type (cut/paste) way too fast, and I thought I drank too much
coffee.

According to Nate Williams:

> The point I was trying to make was that *NOT* installing things if there
> aren't any changes is a good thing to do, and shouldn't be limited to
> just the include files.  Let's bloat up install to do it. *grin*

Actually, the majority of the bloating of the executable is some added
error handling.  It's the price one pays for some sanity.  My current
source adds about 4k to the binary without trying to eliminate some
redundant code.

--
Steven G. Kargl     | Phone: 206-685-4677 |
Applied Physics Lab | Fax:   206-543-6785 |