Date:      05 Feb 2002 23:01:38 -0500
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Austin hall <ash@vectorstar.net>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error making xscreensaver

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 18:03, Austin hall wrote:
> Where do I find the GLU library? I need graphics/gle to build the
> xscreensaver port, but the build for gle fails with this:

What version of xscreensaver are you trying to build?  What version of
FreeBSD?  I recently built 4.00 just fine on 4.5-stable.  The GLU
library is included with the Mesa port.  However, if you're using
XFree86 4.x, you should already have most of Mesa installed.  To make
sure ports build correctly when using XFree 4.x, add the following to
/etc/make.conf:

XFREE86_VERSION=4

Then build /usr/ports/graphics/Mesa to get the bits that didn't come
with XFree86.

If you're using XFree86 3.3.x, then just build
/usr/ports/graphics/Mesa.  I remember there used to be some issues with
all this.  I recommend doing a cvsup of your ports tree to make sure all
the ports are up-to-date.

Joe