Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:55:14 +0200
From:      Lukasz Stelmach <Lukasz.Stelmach@k.telmark.waw.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   network lockups

Greetings!!!

I have met very misteryous thing. Sometimes my machine stops listening to
the net (neither working connections are usable nor new can be established).
The way to "unlock" is to run... tcpdump. After that everything works fine
again. Has anyone of you seen something like this???

best whishes...
PS. i know that i haven't said much but
i don't know more :-(
PPS. i use:
FreeBSD tygrys.klucz 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #4: Fri Apr 12 20:42:09 CEST 2002     steelman@tygrys.klucz:/usr/src/sys/compile/TYGRYS  i386
--
|/       |_,  _   .-  --,  Już z każdej strony pełzną, potworne rządze
|__ |_|. | \ |_|. ._' /_.         Będę uprawiał nierząd, za pieniąze