Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 01:22:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        abc xyz <un_x@anchorage.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, jim.chapman@sympatico.ca
Subject:   Re: floppy tape

"Device not configured" means that the drive was not found at boot time. e.g.,
the floppy controller is found, but not the floppy drive itself due to a loose
cable. I've only seen this with h/w errors so far, or if the wrong Port/IRQ
setting was used.

c u Jo

On 27-Apr-97 at 03:01:59 abc xyz wrote:
>Jim Chapman wrote:
>
>> I have been given a Colorado T1000 floppy tape drive. I installed it in
>> my machine and inserted a QIC-80 tape. When I boot the tape reads but
>> when I give the command lft I get a message
>>         /dev/rft0 Not Configured
>> What do I need to do to get the system to configure the drive?
>> Does lft work as is with 425 ft tapes?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>that reminds me - i get the same thing when i try "tcpdump".
>"/dev/bpf0 not configured".  i search all the docs/manpages i could,
>but couldn't come up with anything on how to configure it.

                       For a world of pedigree OSs
FreeBSD - top breeders recommend it            <http://www.freebsd.org>;
Joachim Kuebart                                      <joa@delos.lf.net>
Tel: +49 711 653706                          <joa@stuttgart.netsurf.de>