Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:15:23 -0400
From:      "Hays, Sam" <SGHays@PatioEnclosuresInc.com>
To:        "'Andy [Tecc Nops]'" <andy@tecc.co.uk>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: dual boot pain

Not liking to skate around problems I almost decided not to post, however if
you do just want a solution,
The way I had windows 2000 Pro and FreeBSD 4.3 to dual boot was this:
Install Win2k on Primary partition (I used Fat32, if You go NTFS you
probably have to make a 'boot' partition that is
fat, although i'm not certain) - then installed FBSD43 on a secondary
partition, telling it to leave the MBR alone.
Booted with a DOS boot disk and installed xosl (www.xosl.org freeware boot
manager, its great).  It figured out where Win2k
and BSD were and gave me a nice lil gui to boot (no pun intended).
YMMV.

Sam