Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:15:25 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The only way I have ever found to crash FreeBSD

The only way that I have found to crash FreeBSD is to run a Linux program
with statically linked binaries. Am am curious as to why this happens, if it
still does as I have not tried since 4.4-Release, and I am wondering if
there is a way to prevent this from occuring if the Linux executable's
library linkage is not known.
I'm not complaining, as this hasn't been a problem for me, I am just
honestly curious as to what goes on that causes the system to reboot or
whatever it decides to do that day.
If that glitch were to be dealth with, perhaps by detecting whether libs are
statically compiled and refusing to run the program, FreeBSD would be 100%
unbcrashable as far as I can tell (short of doing things that are not the
fault of FreeBSD, like removing the CPU while the system is running or
compiling the kernel with the '-malign-double' option)