Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 00:29:07 +0100
From:      aaron <aaron@lo-res.org>
To:        <dooleyr@missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This is probably a FAQ question...

> Hey,
>
> What is the maximum file system size limit in 4.4-STABLE?
>
> I'm trying to setup a 1.6ish TB filesystem, but I can never get more than
> 1020GB recognized.  Do I take it that the upperlimit is 1TB/filesystem?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Ryan

Hm, ok the FAQ, but....
recently - as seen on the well known mailing lists - there was a post
that 48bit addressing is now available. If I understood it correctly this
should give you (at least!) 2^48 = 256 TBytes.

But I myself would like to know if this calculation is correct.
(or is it 2^48 blocks?)

If my assumtion is correct then this would be a great time to update the
corresponding section in the FAQ :) (hey! this is one of these updates that
actually fill you with pride :)))

greetings,
aaron.