Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 22:11:08 GMT
From:      Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
To:        joystick81@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WHAT IS THIS

From: justin <joystick81@hotmail.com>
joystick81> FreeBSD does not currently support IBM's microchannel (MCA) bus. I have
joystick81> an ibm 386dx computer ps/2 would my computer have that

Yes, your system is an MCA (Micro Channel) machine.
It is likely a PS/2 Model 80 if it is a 'tower' machine,
or a PS/2 Model 70 if it is a 'desktop' machine.

It is possible to run Linux on some MCA machines,
If you are interested I recommend that you start looking at
 http://www.linux.org
and follow your nose.

Marty Cawthon
ChipChat