Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 05:36:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        David Hicks <hicks@blcnet.bendnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Intel PCMCIA card for laptop

On 31-Aug-99 David Hicks wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD on my laptop and am now trying to get the PCMCIA
> card working properly to allow me to use my ethernet and modem
> connections.  Is the Intel Etherexpress Pro/100 Mobile Adapter card
> supported.....and, if so, what must I do to get it working.

You could watch the PAO project's progress on CardBus:

        http://www.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/PAO/

But I doubt they'll have support for any CardBus cards for quite some time. In
fact, probably not until 4.0-RELEASE (February or March 2000, I think).

There may be a way for you to provide information on your CardBus card that
will help the PAO project, but you should refer to the website for info on that.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>