Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:16:31 +0200
From:      "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   apache & virtual servers question

Hi y'all.  I have an alias address for my ed1 (e .g 192.168.1.3) to which
apache is bound.  All my virtual servers run off this address.  Now the
problem that I have is that there are two vitural servers (non IP intensive)
that I want to create that will be listen only on port 8080 coz I don't was
and when apache answers, only those two virtual servers must answer.  The
reason for this is coz the one is running MRTG and the web server is sitting
behind a firewall and I don't want anyone to be able to view this and at the
same time port 8080 is hiding behind the firewall.

Any suggestion?

I was thinking if creating another alias address of my servers and bind
apache to 8080 on that address then dns must poing to that address for those
two servers.  But then again the thing is that I was to do this without
using another IP address.  Can this be done.  The number of IP's I have is
limited.

Thanks in advance

Langa Kentane
Manager: Network Operations