Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:13:14 +0000
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Enovation Technologies <gdakos@enovation.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help

Enovation Technologies wrote:
> i configure with sysinstall my second nic , but when i restart my box  i have this message
> arp: 10.200.1.1 is on re0 but got reply from 00:50:7f:b0:a0:f8 on re1
>

> my question is how to configure  2 nics with different ip on same box  in the same subnet.

Configure the second with a /32 prefix (netmask 255.255.255.255) instead
of the usual netmask.

You will always receive the arp warning unless you disable it by setting
sysctl
net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_wrong_iface and
net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements to 0.

These limitations *may* go away in future releases.

later
BMS