Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:17:37 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: syscons becomes worse somwhere in v1.252-1.255

>>For 2) - I think we need to make 0x03 ad _default_ mouse character code
>>instead of 0xd0 as was before. 0xd0 very depends on code table used and
>>points to valid used character in many tables while 0x03 don't confuse
>>anybody since lower controls not used in termcap entries and for national
>>character too. Any objections?
>
>This issue has been brought up several times before, and I myself
>discussed it with sos recently.  The thing is we are in loose-loose
>situation.  We can't have both: good-looking mouse cursor and national
>character support.
>
>Kazu

Don't take the above statement to mean I am against the idea.  I
personally think the use of control code for the mouse cursor quite
acceptable (that's why I tested the code with
"#define SC_MOUSE_CHAR 0x03").

But, the consensus has been in favor of 0xd0.

Anyway, those who can accept less-good-looking mouse cursor can
have the option

	option "SC_MOUSE_CHAR=0x??"

in the kernel configuration file.  That's the whole point, I think.

Kazu