Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:37:48 +0200
From:      Julian Stecklina <js@alien8.de>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FireWire Patch [8/HEAD]

Sean Bruno <sean.bruno@dsl-only.net> writes:

> Ok folks, some time has passed and I was able to get some wisdom from
> the CAM folks in Colorado (Thanks Scott, Justin, Warner, Ken).
>
> For those of you experiencing boot failures with firewire/sbp enabled in
> your configuration, please try the following patch and let me see the
> full boot dmesg.
>
> This is an extensive patch that does "stuff" and "things".  :-)
>
> Mainly, it should behave better at initialization time and play nice
> with CAM and the scheduler via a config_intrhook.
>
> Let me know --> http://consultcsg.com/firewire.diff

The box that exhibits the problem is currently repurposed for other
tasks. So I cannot test this at the moment. If no one else steps up to
test this, I can test it in a week or so.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge