Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:52:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslog-free console/vty possible?

You are right, since I killed syslog and it still came up. Is there a way
to restirct /dev/console to only ttyv0 or something? That would be perfect.

I even tried somethings to the affect of:
# cat < /dev/console > /dev/null &
but they did not do the trick. I could have rm'ed /dev/console, and
linked it to a real file, but that would be a bit too harsh.

I would think there would be something in either /etc/ttys, or possibly
the syscons source code.

Thanks,
Kevin