Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:37:05 -0800
From:      Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kerberos

I need to set up authentication for 2 systems (one Linux and one
freebsd). I had thought about NIS but it seems the word is don't use it
because it's insecure.

So another suggestion was to install kerberos.

Can kerberos be used for that? Sorry I'm not at all familiar with it.
I just need to be able to share passwd databases between Linux and
freebsd, and I'm looking for a solution.

If kerberos is an option, can someone steer me in the right direction
on how to install/configure it? Is it very difficult?

I've been able to already convert all my linux users/passwords into
freebsd (using DES) and now I need to be able to authenticate users on
both machines.

Thanks!
Ricardo