Date:      Sat, 01 Dec 2001 11:49:45 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        chuck sumner <chuck@2inches.com>
Cc:        Rob Zietlow <zietlow@berbee.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kernel comiplation dies at /usr/src/sys/modules/linux.

Chuck, there was a brief bug in early November that was causing the problem
that referred to some stale modules (I believe) having to do with the Linux
stuff. Don't be afraid to delete the /usr/obj. Try a delete and then do a
fresh cvsup and it should run okay because the bug was killed in
mid-November... using the fresh files should do it....

At 09:43 AM 12.1.2001 -0800, chuck sumner wrote:
>actually, i sopke to sson. the updating file speaks of doing a make
>modules-clean in your kernel compile dir. i did that. i also tried doing a
>make clean-dir in src/sys/modules/linux. compilation still fails.
>
>i also tried moving the /usr/obj dir to /usr/obj.old (being affraid to
>delete it..) and still it fails in the same place.
>
>any more hints?
>
>chuck
>
>On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 jacks@sage-american.com wrote:
>
>> Looks like you just need to delete the /usr/obj and then it should work....

>> ><snip>
>> >
>> >Give /usr/src/UPDATING  a read it might point you in the right direction

>> >with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>> >

>> Best regards,
>> Jack L. Stone,
>> Server Admin
>>
>> Sage-American