Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:45:11 +0200
From:      Herbert <herbert@bugat.at>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus L8400 laptop sound support

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:23:01PM +0000, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> Is there any sound support integrated in the FreeBSD kernel for the
> L8400 Asus laptop ?
>
> I tried the OSS commercial driver with the ESS layout, and it works.
> According to the Asus documentation the card should be an Aureal one,
> but the aureal-kmod drivers from the ports collection seem to be
> unworkable.
>
> Btw I would be happy to develop the driver myself, if you are able to
> give me any pointer or advice..
>
> --
> Laurent

Hei!

I have the ASUS L8400-F and sound works fine. No special drivers, I have
only device pcm in my kernel to get sound working.

pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3)> port 0xe100-0xe13f,0xe000-0xe0ff irq 9 at
device 31.5 on pci0

Maybe the ASUS L8400-L has a different sound chip on board, I don't
know.

Herbert