Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 97 22:47:47 -0500
From:      Timothy J Luoma <luomat@peak.org>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI chain problems (probably me)

	Author:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>

> Can't answer your question, but the above is meaningless.  The SCSI-2
> spec allows all types of external cable connectors.  So a "SCSI-2" cable
> doesn't say much.  The only connector I haven't seen in use on a "scsi-2"
> device is the old DB-50 (three rows of pins, total of 50).
>
> So your choices are DB-50, Centronics-50, Mini-50 (is there a more proper
> term for this one?), etc.

Well it's not entirely meaningless, since I have ordered cables and gotten
them by using that reference.  Could be they just knew what I was talking
about even if it wasn't technically correct (or what most people wanted

However, I believe what I was calling a ``SCSI-2'' is 50-pin ``micro scsi''.

The ``SCSI-1'' connector is the Centronics (big wide thing with side clips).

TjL