Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:45:37 +0800 (CST)
From:      Matthew Enger <menger@dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Segfaulting apache

Hello,
	I am running the Apache13-php3 port compiled with mysql and IMAP
support and I am trying to use .htaccess authentication. I am running the
STABLE branch of FreeBSD and did a CVSUP about 2 days ago.

	Previously when I ran htpasswd to set a password in the htaccess
password file I gave it would segfault (before the last cvsup). I then ran
a cvsup and found that the port for Apache13-php3 had been updated again
and recompiled. This fixed the htpasswd problem but now apache is
segfaulting when I type in the userid and password into lynx.

	My system is using md5 rather then des which means that the c
crypt() function returns a md5 string rather then a des string, could this
be causing the problem?

my .htaccess file:
Options None

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthType Basic
AuthName www.kgv.tj
AuthUserFile /usr/local/share/apache/htdocs/_private/passwd

my passwd file:
menger:$1$NxV4x/..$zUWJEBW2vhVzdzE0FhIld.

Entry in apache log:
[Tue Sep 14 10:50:13 1999] [notice] child pid 14554 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

	Any assistance would be greatly appricated.

	from,
		Matthew Enger
		menger@dhs.org