Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:18:24 -0300
From:      lioux@uol.com.br
To:        ade@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15541: KDE screen saver with password protection does not work. Can't get back in.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 02:02:14PM -0800, ade@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> Synopsis: KDE screen saver with password protection does not work. Can't get back in.
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
> State-Changed-By: ade
> State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 29 14:01:40 PST 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
> No response to feedback request in 2 months.

	Maybe I can shed same light on this.
	The aforementioned problem appeared as soon as the kde port was
upgraded to 1.1.2.
	Then, it was "fixed" with a suid bit on all .kss (screensaver)
files. The reason I think this PR should be reopened, or another
issued: are we sure that suiding all those programs is really both
necessary and safe?
	To get ahold of what I am saying, check: x11/kdebase11.
	I guess the knight in shiny armor that shares time within both
the ports and the security officer groups should take a look at this
one. :-)

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira