Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 09:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for testers for ThunderLAN ethernet driver

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us> writes:

 Chris> On Tue, 5 May 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> [...]

I have a Compaq ProLiant 2000 (dual P66, EISA). From what I've read,
it seems that the driver will not work for this. Is that right? I'm
pretty sure the NIC has a Lance chip, and I think the Lance ethernet
driver doesn't support EISA.

 Chris> to get that to work.. Mind sharing those patches? :-)  I have the onboard
 Chris> SCSI and possibly a "Compaq WIDE SCSI" controller I would like to get to

Is this a Compaq RAID controller? If so, try the driver at:
  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~md/

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah          | Everyone was born right-handed.
viren@rstcorp.com      | Only the greatest overcome it.