Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 06:22:41 +0100
From:      "Alson van der Meulen" <alm@flutnet.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible Promise FastTrack RAID driver

When searching for FreeBSD support for the Promise 20265r (FastTrack
RAID, ATA100, integrated on some mainboards), I came across this, it
looks like a FreeBSD RAID driver for this controller. It doesn't seem to
be an official released driver, this is the only place I've seen it, and
the copyright message in some source files appear to forbid any
distribution. It might be worth asking Promise if they plan to
release a FreeBSD driver shortly though.

It's build for FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE, but it appears to compile on
4.4-STABLE fine, and since the source is included it shouldn't be
difficult to update.

I only glanced through the source files, since (nearly) no documentation
is provided. If we could get this under BSD license, we might be able to
provide real support for the FastTrack RAID (i.e. not simply as IDE
controller). I've not been able to test it yet (don't have a FastTrack
ATM).

The URL of the website:
http://www.gigabytenetworking.com/info/DriverDowload.asp
(typo is not mine)